distinguished talent visa australia
Immigrating to Australia under the distinguished talent visa category is based predominantly on an exceptional ability of the applicant whether it be in the arts, sport, or research and academia.
The distinguished talent visa subclass is one of several permanent Australian visas. People immigrating to Australia on this type of visa will be granted permanent residency status. Australian citizenship may be applied for after a two-year period provided relevant criteria have been met.
The eligibility criteria are very strict under such a visa.
- Age : There is no age restriction for immigration o Australia under the distinguished talent visa category, however if the applicants are aged under 18 years old or over 55 then they must also provide evidence that they are financially independent and show that they are likely to be of exceptional benefit to the Australian community.
- Skills and Qualification The main applicant must :
- Prove that they will have no difficulty in obtaining employment or in becoming established independently in Australia in a profession, the arts, sport, or research and academia.
- Be seen to an asset to the Australian community, i.e. be able to show how settlement in Australia could contribute economically, socially or culturally to the nation as a whole - not just a local community.
- Still be prominent in their profession.
- Be able to demonstrate an internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement in the arts, sport, or research and academia.
- Nomination : The applicant must be nominated by either :
- An Australian citizen
- An Australian permanent resident
- An eligible New Zealand citizen
- Any Australian organization
Health and Character
Australia has strict health and character requirements that must be met before a permanent visa of more than 12 months will be granted. People seeking migration to Australia in this category will be required to: undergo a medical examination and chest x-ray undertaken by one of a panel of doctors selected by the Australian authorities, and obtain police certificates for all countries in which they have lived for more than 12 months in the 10 years leading up to the application.
The current processing time for migration to Australia under this category is about nine to twelve months from the start of the process.
CWC Immigration can assist you
CWC Immigration being a leading specialist in Immigration can help you in every aspect of your immigration process. Our immigration specialists and caseworkers have a wide range of immigration expertise and experience to assist you through the complete process. Contact us for more information.